There is something about a new year that brings about a renewed sense of vigor.
In 2018 my husband and I finally paid off ALL the debt. It’s gone. BYE BYE!
We have all of these goals we’re trying to tackle with our house. Vacations. Our children. (I’ve had 2 since the last time I posted in this blog!)
The past 3 months have been an awakening for me in who I want to be. How I want to live my life. And I feel like instead of wishing I’m finally developing the skills to create my new reality.
But I actually had those skills all this time – this blog is evidence of it. Small Steps for Big Change.
I started applying small steps to my life. Creating new habits. Forming a new me by changing my routines.
Here is what I’m doing
- Eating a protein rich breakfast
- Making sure every meal has fruit or vegetables in it – every one
- Being active (within the constraints of my body) at least 3 times a week
- Spend 5 minutes picking up my house each day
- Wipe down the kitchen counters and table each day
- Sweep the floor each day
- Empty the dishwasher each day (and fill it again)
Here are the plans for my future
- Spend time listening to my bodies satiety clues
- Pick up my office before I leave each day
- Learn to keep the TV off and instead turn to books, board games, and conversations as a method to unwind
- Plan a date with each of my children (individually) every month
- Plan a date with my husband every month
- Add journaling and gratitude to my daily routine (there is a reason I’ve come back to this blog, and it isn’t about money)