Net Worth Update: May 2011
May 18, 2011 1 Comment
Well, it is well past time for my monthly Net Worth summary. Here goes:
- Cash on hand: $500 (I always use this amount as it is an average of my cash available on any given day of the month.)
- Personal stocks: $894 (-11.83% from April 11)
- Personal mutual funds: $6,934 (-0.37% from April 11)
- Retirement: $16,871 (+2.15% from April 11)
- Savings accounts: $877 (-5.29% from April 11)
- Student loans: $13,718 (-1.22% from April 11)
- Credit card debt: $15,119 (+1.02% from April 11)
Total Net Worth: -$2,761 (-17.89% from April 11)
Net Worth Last Month: -$2,342
Net Worth a Year Ago: -$4,183
The credit card debt went up because I put on reimbursable work expenses and education expenses that will get paid off in July. If you subtract out the reimbursable expenses I’m actually at a credit card debt of $13,474. This puts my net worth at -$1,116 if I didn’t have those expenses sitting on my credit card.
You know what that means though right? By the end of the summer I will have a ZERO (or maybe even positive!) net worth! WOO HOO!