June 22, 2010 7 Comments
So here is what went down today:
- Finally got my contract. Called the VP and negotiated $1500 in relocation and $2000 more in salary. He agreed, my new contract will be mailed on Friday. I simply said I would sign the contract at $2000 more and he said “Okay, I’ll send that to you then.”
- Decided on Apartment #3. Called the leasing company and asked if could reserve the apartment that is available for Sept 5th and if anything else opens up sooner than switch to the other apartment. They agreed. I filled out the lease and wrote the checks. Mailing them tomorrow.
- Talked to Okturn Delmoniq’s sister about staying with her. She agreed! However, she isn’t allowed to have pets. So I’ll be leaving the pup in boarding. A friend of mine loves my cats so I’ll see if he’ll take them for 3 weeks. The plan is to go get them after I’m in my apartment. A little inconvenient, but minor in the grand scheme of things. If worse comes to worse, I may have to board the cats. They would hate that.
- Packed box #2. I’m so excited to start the moving process.
- Talked to my dad about the family reunion in July. Doesn’t look like he’s going to come. So I emailed my uncles to see when they were arriving so I could try to fly in at similar times and hitch rides with them.
I’m just SO GLAD that things are finally coming together. I’ll be figuring out a moving budget tonight and will get that posted for ya’ll shortly. =)