For the first time since starting to record my NetWorth – it hasn’t gone up. It went down $17. =(
Mainly this is because the economy has dropped a lot and my stocks/mutual funds lost a fair bit of value. My stocks lost 14% of their value and my mutual funds 4%. That I was able to stay about even with this loss should tell you two things:
- I don’t own a lot of stocks/mutual funds
- My savings/debt payment still rocked
My savings account still went up and my debt load still went down (though sparingly on both as I’m not getting a lot of extra money these days).
Here is the full breakdown.
- Cash: $500 (I always just use this value, since it is the average of what I have in my checking account on any given day of the month)
- Stocks: $1,190
- Retirement: $10,213
- Mutual Funds: $5,943 (not updated)
- E-fund + Yearly savings: $3,745
- Student loans: $14,738
- Credit card: $11,053
Total net worth: -$4,200
All in all, this isn’t too bad. I knew that the summer would be hard because of the lack of extra funds from teaching and tutoring. We’ll see how the next few months progress!
And the pretty picture for those of you who like these kind of things: