November 25, 2009 9 Comments
I alluded in my Anti-procrastination Day 2 post that I had spent more money that I normally do during Anti-procrastination weekend. And it is true. However… I need to come clean with you all.
Here is the total damage of this weekend:
Starting balance: $175.47
- CVS to get listerine (to clean scuba gear, got in on sale for $4.00 + $1 CVS buck back), also bought a Dr. Pepper (had 50cent off coupon) – $5.36
- Petco – cat food and litter liners – $30.47
- Goodwill – 2 cute jackets – $11.57
- Papa John’s – lunch and dinner Saturday, lunch on Sunday – $15.63
- Qdoba – dinner Sunday with Mr Cousin – $17.29 (I bought since I owed him dinner)
- Petsmart – unnecessary purchase of dog toys for Jack – $21.38
- Starbucks – tasting the Eggnog Chai Latte I had been “procrastinating” on getting (can we smell justification here?) – $3.99
- Joann Fabrics – quilting material and other non-essential crafting supplies – $40.38
Total after the weekend of Anti-Procrastination: $29.40
After some buyers remorse – last night I returned one of Jack’s dog toys (well, exchanged it for cat litter) and I returned all of the craft supplies aside from the fabric for the quilt and one skein of yarn I got on sale to finish a baby blanket for a shower I’m going to December 5th. I got around $16 from Joann’s and broke even at Petsmart for the exchange of 1 dog toy for 27lbs of litter.
I’m just ASHAMED of how easy it was to fall back into my old spending habits when I stopped focusing on it for one weekend. I didn’t NEED the Dr. Pepper at CVS – I just went for the listerine. Nor did I need the latte at Starbucks, nor the two dog toys for Jack or most of what I purchased at Joann’s. I’m just… ashamed… but at least I could take some of it back…