October 2, 2009 2 Comments
- Get reimbursed for trip to Chicago – This way my E-fund will go up to a grand total of $1,000 – WOO!! =D
- Write another research aim for my future career – I’ve got one down and another started, so my goal this month is to finish the one I’ve started OR finish a third one.
- Start doing some exercise I enjoy – I think it is obvious that I don’t like running ENOUGH right now to justify making this a strictly running goal. I love spinning, so even though it costs money, I think I’m going to start doing that as a form of exercise. I think spending money on my health is a completely acceptable expense and one that could even be seen as “preventative maintenance” for future health problems.
- Cancel my cable already! – Seriously, now this is getting ridiculous. =(
- Earn $600 of income outside of my “normal” job – This is different than the very successful Earn More September Challenge (btw… if anyone is doing an October Challenge, let me know, I’d love to participate). I make around $450/month teaching at the community college, and so I’m really just looking at making an extra $150 by tutoring or any other extra means (i.e. surveys, selling stuff, ect).
- Stay current on Adjunct grading – So far not a problem, but I’m still going to make it a goal. I don’t want to fall behind!
- Keep up Apartment Therapy – I’ve still stalled on Week 4 and I have 4 more weeks to go after that. I need to get my butt in gear here, and of course leaving for a week to Chicago isn’t going to help. I want a beautiful, gorgeous apartment that I love going home to – and damn it, I’m going to get it!