The Perfect Me
July 23, 2009 3 Comments
It is probably difficult for people coming to this blog to understand my blog name – I mean how does that REALLY relate to money?
Well the truth of the matter is that this blog wasn’t just created for personal finance (though that was one of the key contributing factors in its creation). The blog was created for me to help become the ideal person that I think I can be.
I don’t think that I have unrealistic expectations for myself. But I do have some goals in life that I’d like to see accomplished – and they range in the following categories:
* Have no debt
* Have an emergency fund of 3 months
* Build myself a balanced, sufficient retirement portfolio
* Be financially secure enough to travel for 3-4 weeks every year
* Have a body mass index of 20
* Be able to run a half-marathon and bike a century
* Have defined muscles in my abs, arms and legs
* Have health and fitness be a daily way of life – not just a diet
* Volunteer at least one day a month to a worthy cause
* Find a career that makes me happy
* Find another person to start a family with
Anyway, I say all this because the plan is in the next few days to start talking more on the body side of SS4BC. So you’ll probably see some fitness goals, exercise talk and perhaps if I’m feeling so bold some pretty graphs and scary photos. =)
This doesn’t mean that my work in the realm of personal finance is over. FAR FROM IT! It just means that it is time to start working on other areas of my life as well.
I’m really nervous about putting this post out there because it means that I’m really going to do this – but I NEED to do it – so here it is. I’ll keep you updated on how this all progresses. Wish me luck!